Quick Vacation Workout
Summer is finally here! The kids are out of school and it’s time for a vacation. Vacation doesn’t mean you need to put your fitness routine on hold. Squeeze in a workout every day while away so you can enjoy those extra calories we usually consume while on vacation.
Not only will you feel better while on your trip, but you will not have to work extra hard when you return to get back to your pre-vacation weight. The key to exercising while on vacation is to make your workout quick and effective. In addition to going for long walks on the beach and hiking in the mountains, below is a muscle-building routine to keep you in tip-top shape.
The Workout Plan All you need is a light-medium resistance band and a chair or step. Do each exercise for 30 seconds moving quickly from one exercise to the next. Try to get through the mini circuit as many times as you can in 20 minutes. Make sure to stay in order.
• Jumping jacks
• Push-ups (ok to do girly push-ups on your knees)
• Run or march in place
• Squats or squat jumps
• Bicep curls standing on a resistance band
• Alternate knee lifts (reach arms high and pull down)
• Tricep dips on a chair or step
• Step ups on a chair or step (right lead and then left lead)
• Shoulder overhead presses with resistance band
• Lying abdominal crunches To see a demonstration of the workout or to print a copy of the workout, please see our website getramfit.com. When you return from vacation and need a little more motivation, come try a class at RAM Fitness